Today, lets just talk about this new collection from MAC which came out Oct 10th, 2016 in NZ. I know I'm late. Blame the travel!! But the collection is still available and its a beautiful one so lets dig into it.Its the MAC Liptensity Collection! Very aptly named as these lipsticks are pretty intense.
The collection has 24 lipsticks from various color families (red, pink, brown, etc) that guarantee you'll find a shade you prefer!
The formula feels satin like but it's actually texture from ground-breaking tetrachromatic pigments technology from MAC that claims intense color pay off, to slide like a gel and wear like a long wearing lipstick. I got sent 5 shades of lipstick from this collection from MAC NZ- Driftwood, Gumball, Mulling Spices, Double Fudge & Blue Beat. Gotta admit the only ones I'll dare to wear outside are the obvious red and pinks but in all honesty I fell in love with the blue lipstick. It looked so normal and even complemented my skintone. I'm amazed! (Did you check my insta story wearing them on a few weeks ago?)
I've tried all the lipsticks I was sent and here's a short review with pictures of each.
1. MAC Driftwood (Soft Lilac Beige) - If this was a tad darker, it would have been a perefct nude for me but unfortunately it washes me out. Got light skin? Check it out if you are in a hunt for beige-y shade.
2. MAC Gumball (Creamy Blush Pink) - Oh! I love this one. When it arrived, I thought it'll be too light for my complexion but now I love it! It is such a stunning bubblegum pink. It's not in your face kinda shade and works with so many makeup looks. I've already worn it thrice. Love love love!
3. MAC Mulling Spices (Bungundy Brown-Red) - A fiery warm red on me! Beautiful. Just use a lip liner underneath it though. I think this one looks the best on me out of all the shades. It's very ME!
4. MAC Double Fudge (Intense Dark Brown) - A darkened plummy brown shade! It looks a bit over the top on my face but would be awesome if you are a fan of chocolate browns. I'm not a huge fan of browns. I wish it had more burgundy tone to it. Wait! that's MAC Dionysus from this collection.
5. MAC Blue Beat (Deep Dark Blue)- It looks so wearable right? I'm actually super keen to wear it outside. It goes well with so many outfits and makeup looks. I'm glad MAC sent me this one beacuse I'd never have tried or bought a blue for myself. I frickkin love it! The formula is super glossy and not insanely pigmented. Lip liner is a must underneath.
There are 24 shades in this collection which MAC might decide to make permanent if these prove to be popular. For now, they are limited edition, available in NZ from Oct 10, 2016 with an RRP of $50 NZD each. You should check them out before they fly off shelves. I'm super keen to try out shades Marsala, Dionysus and Fireworks for myself. Heck! I want the whole color wheel.
What do you think of this collection? Yay or nay? Are you a lipsticks fan? Which one did you like the best on me? Talk to me in the comments below...
P.S. PR Samples. My views are honest as always
P.P.S. Makeup of the day!